Farmer’s Crispy Sweet Onion Rings
Delicious, crispy onion rings are the perfect appetizer for any occasion! Great as a side dish or as an app at your next football party. Our Original Cornbread Crisps add, a sweet touch to a classic favorite!
- 1 large sweet Vidalia onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 3/4 cup Farmer’s Pantry Original Cornbread Crisps, crushed
- 1 quart of canola oil for frying
- Cut onions into rings about ¼ of an inch thick, separating them from each other very carefully. This recipe works best with the big and medium sized rings.
Tip: Save excess small small rings in a bag for other recipes that use onions
- Set up the breading station for the onion rings in this order: onions, flour and baking soda bowl, buttermilk, then Farmer’s Pantry Cornbread Crisps crumbs.
- Next, heat your canola oil in a heavy bottomed pan to 375 degrees.
- Once the oil is heated, begin to coat the onions.
- First dip them into the flour, then the buttermilk, and lastly into the crisp crumbs.
- Once coated, add 4-5 into your heated oil.
- Let the onions fry for about 3 minutes.
- Set the fried onions on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Repeat until all your onion rings are fried.
Subscribe to our Blog
Farmer’s Creamy Lemon Pie Cups
Mar 30, 2019
Farmer’s Spicy Chili Cornbread Crisps Pie
Mar 23, 2019
Farmer’s Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Gratin
Mar 19, 2019