Farmer’s Spicy Stuffed Mushrooms
These delicious stuffed mushrooms are a total crowd-pleaser. Tender mushroom caps overstuffed with buttery, garlicky, spicy Cornbread Crisps crumbs topping and baked until golden brown. Our Jalapeno Cornbread Crisps add a spicy kick to this classic dish! Substitute Original for just a touch of sweet or Barbecue for a touch of tangy. Regardless, which flavor you choose for this delicious dish, they’re gonna love it!
- 24 medium whole mushrooms
- ¾ cup Farmer’s Pantry Jalapeno Cornbread Crisps, crushed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon garlic or 2 fresh cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh basil, parsley or cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Carefully break off stems. Chop stems extremely fine, discard tough end of stems.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and chopped onion; sauté until translucent.
- Next add Cornbread Crisps crumbs, evenly coat them in butter, then toss in minced mushroom stems. Overly dry stuffing will burn, so add extra butter as needed.
- Here is where you can add your own personal touch to the mix and season based on your preference. Start with a pinch of salt, pepper, garlic and any Italian seasonings you have on hand.
- Set aside to cool.
- Line up the mushrooms an inch apart on the baking sheet.Using a little spoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until the mushrooms turn golden brown, about 20 minutes. For extra soft mushrooms, bake an additional 10 minutes.
Subscribe to our Blog
Farmer’s Creamy Lemon Pie Cups
Mar 30, 2019
Farmer’s Spicy Chili Cornbread Crisps Pie
Mar 23, 2019
Farmer’s Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Gratin
Mar 19, 2019