Spicy Cornbread Squash Mac n’ Cheese
We’ve all had those nights where some comfort food goes a long way after a hard day. Well, who says comfort food can’t have veggies?
Filled with cheese, butternut squash, and some optional veggies, this dish takes Mac n’ Cheese to a whole new level! For a crunchy kick, Farmer’s Pantry Jalapeño Cornbread Crisps are the perfect finishing spicy touch. Check out this nutritious twist on a classic dish!
1 cup defrosted frozen butternut squash cubes
1 cup whole milk cream
1 cup whole milk
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Salt and Pepper
½ cup ricotta
½ cup mascarpone
1 ½ cups freshly grated parmesan
2 lbs cooked whole wheat mini elbow macaroni
Use Code: SPICYMACNCHEESE for 25% OFF any Farmer’s Pantry Jalapeno Cornbread Crisps product
Optional: frozen green peas, fresh baby spinach, fresh chopped kale
How to Make
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend butternut squash, milk, cream, mustard, cayenne, salt, pepper, and mascarpone.
- Once you’ve cooked pasta, toss it with the butternut squash mix, parmesan, and ricotta.
- Spoon the mix into 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Combine melted butter with corn crisp crumbs and distribute evenly on top of the noodles.
- Bake for 40 minutes until golden and bubbly.
Subscribe to our Blog
Farmer’s Creamy Lemon Pie Cups
Mar 30, 2019
Farmer’s Spicy Chili Cornbread Crisps Pie
Mar 23, 2019
Farmer’s Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Gratin
Mar 19, 2019