Try this delicious Stewed Chicken Recipe with Onions and Tomatoes from Farmer’s Pantry for your next family lunch or dinner!
1. Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the chicken to the pan and sear, about 4 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a plate.
2. In a small pot, combine water and rice. Bring the water to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook the rice, covered, about 15 minutes, or until al dente.
3. Heat remaining two tablespoons olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven, over medium high heat. Add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes, until soft. Add the eggplant and mushrooms and cook for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Now add the tomato paste to the pot and stir to coat the vegetables. Add the chopped tomatoes, basil leaves and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Finally, add the rice and chicken into the pot. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the chicken and rice are cooked through.
6. Enjoy and Serve with Farmer’s Pantry Cornbread Crisps
The sweet goodness of freshly-baked cornbread (with just a touch of salt) sliced into crispy crackers.Buy Product